close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for August 11 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles! Serena Williams wore her game face when she stepped out into the stadium for her first match since telling the world she is ready to leave professional tennis. Greeted by a standing ovation, the 23-time Grand Slam champion didn't smile. She didn't wave. She took a sip from a plastic bottle as she walked in. Some folks in the crowd captured the moment with the cameras on their cellphones. Others held aloft hand-drawn signs — oh, so many signs — with messages such as “Queen” or “Thank you.” No one knows exactly how many more matches Williams will play before she puts her rackets away for good, and the 40-year-old American exited the National Bank Open on Wednesday night with a 6-2, 6-4 loss to Belinda Bencic. While there were some familiar fist pumps and yells of “Come on!” during competition, it was only afterward that Williams really allowed her feelings to show, her voice shaking and her eyes welling during an on-court interview when Bencic ceded the… Read full this story
- Serena Williams Explains Shock Australian Open Loss in Post-Match Interview: 'I Didn't Think I Was Going to Lose'
- Serena Williams shockingly eliminated from Australian Open
- Serena Williams suffers shocking upset by Wang Qiang at Australian Open
- Former world number one Caroline Wozniacki retires after her Australian Open loss to Ons Jabeur
- Do shocking results at Australian Open signal a changing of the guard?
Serena Williams loses first match since announcing retirement have 266 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.