Synopsis Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been flagging concerns about cryptocurrencies, which are seen as a highly speculative asset.In the foreword to the 25th issue of the Financial Stability Report (FSR) released on Thursday, Das also said that as the financial system gets increasingly digitalised, cyber risks are growing and need special attention. Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das on Thursday described cryptocurrencies as “clear danger” and said that anything that derives value based on make believe, without any underlying, is just speculation under a sophisticated name. The government is in the process of finalising a consultation paper on cryptocurrencies after gathering inputs from various stakeholders and institutions. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been flagging concerns about cryptocurrencies, which are seen as a highly speculative asset. In the foreword to the 25th issue of the Financial Stability Report (FSR) released on Thursday, Das also said that as the financial system gets increasingly digitalised, cyber risks are growing and need special attention. Presented By Did you Know? Premium tea company Vahdam India has gifted a personalised NFT to Parag Agarwal the newly-appointed Indian-origin CEO of Twitter View Details » “We must be mindful of the emerging risks on the horizon…. Read full this story
- Cryptocurrency update! Investors may get window to exit their holdings
- New wave of coronavirus will not impact economic recovery: RBI guv
- Economic growth won’t be hit by second wave of COVID-19 infections: RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Despite rising Covid cases lockdowns are unlikely: RBI Guv
- RBI has major concerns on cryptocurrencies, flagged it to govt: Das
- Crypto collective to reach out to Finance Minister, RBI to address concerns
- Optimality in regulation and supervision is the key: RBI Guv
- 'Govt should regulate cryptocurrencies, not ban them'
- Cryptocurrency should be treated as an asset class; it is not fit for transactions: Nandan Nilekani
- Government may allow six months cryptocurrency play before ban
RBI | Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrencies clear danger, says RBI Governor have 306 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.