Successfully defending his doctoral dissertation in medicine at Kyoto University and receiving attractive offers, Nguyen Hai Nam has decided to pursue a clinical program at Harvard Medical School before returning to Vietnam. Nam began thinking about becoming a doctor when he was in the eighth grade and his mother passed away because of cancer. The father then told Nam that he needed to study well to become a doctor who can save people's lives. His words then became the driving force for Nam to do well in school. In 2006, Nam passed the entrance exams to the HCM City Medicine and Pharmacy University. When entering the school, the freshman heard seniors whispering in each other's ears that they needed to study hard to become resident physicians. This is not the shortest path but the best path for them. However, in the first semester at medical school, Nam failed the exam. Nam felt a bit disappointed, but the failure made him realize that he needed to study harder, and re-define the study path he had to follow. "At that moment, I had only one goal – becoming a resident physician, and in order to do this, I needed to make every… Read full this story
- Innovative field research in India helped Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo win Economics Nobel
- Junior doctor Nadia Masood: 'Hunt's driven a lot of us out of the NHS'
- PIX: Liverpool win seven-goal thriller; Suarez rescues Barca
- The Chargers' Doctor Is A Drunk Quack. Why Haven't They Fired Him?
- The Doctor of the Future
- Patna flood: Doctors For You team offers medical care
- Is salt really as damaging as doctors claim? Scientific sceptics claim there is no real evidence it causes health problems
- After week-long stir, doctors in TN call off strike
- He helps Odisha's poor become doctors
- Top doctors call for an end to daylight saving time: Three experts argue the once-a-year shift fuels a rise in the number of strokes and heart attacks
Doctor who wins Harvard scholarship always has images of poor patients in mind have 323 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 6, 2022. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.