Exclusive Details Getty 10:24 AM PT — Mary’s cause of death is hypertensive atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, according to the Clark County Coroner. In other words, she died from high blood pressure brought on by artery blockages. Mary Wilson , a founding member of The Supremes, the group that not only racked up one of the most impressive string of hits in music history but also helped break the color barrier, has died. Mary’s longtime publicist, Jay Schwartz , said she passed suddenly at her home in Henderson, Nevada. We’re told she was fine just days ago. The cause of death is unknown. It’s impossible to overstate the impact and popularity of The Supremes. They hit like a nuclear bomb in the ’60s with a string of chart-topping songs, beginning with “Where Did Our Love Go,” and then “Baby Love,” “Stop! In the Name of Love,” “You Can’t Hurry Love,” “Reflections,” “I Hear a Symphony,” “Love Child,” “Someday We’ll Be Together” and on and on and on. Getty The Supremes were Motown’s most successful act in the ’60s, with 12 singles that hit #1. They still remain the #1 female recording group of all time. Mary, along with Diana Ross and… Read full this story
- The Supremes' Mary Wilson won't get over son's death
- 'Dancing with the Stars' gets The Supremes' Mary Wilson
- Mary Wilson to compete on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- First Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Memorial Golf Classic set for July 27
- Ranky Tanky brings celebration of Gullah music, culture to the Wilson Center
- 'Waking the Dead Tour' tickets on sale now
- Brian Wilson postpones Upstate NY concert for mental health
- I.M. Pei, Wilson Commons architect, is dead at 102
- Iranians Mock Trump for Mistaking Leader with Dead Founder
- Michigan judges urge Supreme Court to curb partisan gerrymandering
Supremes Co-Founder Mary Wilson Dead at 76 have 291 words, post on www.tmz.com at September 2, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.