Patrick Cantlay was voted PGA Tour player of the year on the strength of his four victories, including a one-shot advantage at East Lake that made him the FedEx Cup champion. Tuesday's announcement was another big step for Cantlay, a 29-year-old Californian who went from being the No. 1 amateur in the world to being unable to play for some three years because of a career-threatening back injury. Now he has the Jack Nicklaus Award after a big finish to his best season. Cantlay won four times this season, capped off by the FedEx Cup. No one else won more than twice. The PGA Tour does not release vote totals or how many players even voted. It presumably was a tight race between Cantlay and Jon Rahm, the No. 1 player in the world. Rahm finished one shot behind Cantlay at the Tour Championship, where the Spaniard started the tournament four shots behind. He picked up his first major this year at the U.S. Open with a birdie-birdie finish. Rahm also had a six-shot lead going into the final round of the Memorial until having to withdraw with a positive COVID-19 test. Cantlay wound up winning the Memorial for his… Read full this story
- Memorial Tournament TV Schedule: How to Watch, Live Stream PGA Tour Event
- Homa secures first PGA Tour win at Wells Fargo Championship
- Paul Azinger's absurd comments about Tommy Fleetwood and the PGA Tour were nothing more than a biased cheap shot
- Hole-in-one hero Jon Rahm hopes he hasn't used up all his US Masters luck
- The glam Masters WAGs who dazzled the fairways – from Dustin Johnson’s fiancee Paulina Gretzky to Jon Rahm’s model wife
- Carlos Ortiz holds off world No 1 Dustin Johnson to become first Mexican to win on PGA Tour in 42 years
- Masters 2020: Rahm takes share of the lead, DeChambeau just makes cut
- Ryder Cup 2018: Friday preview as Tiger Woods partners Patrick Reed and Rory McIlroy links up with Thorbjorn Olesen
- Is golf set for a new era of dominance after Dustin Johnson smashes records to win Masters?
- Tyler Duncan denies Webb Simpson, LPGA award for Suzann Pettersen - weekend round-up
Patrick Cantlay wins PGA Tour player of the year award over Jon Rahm have 351 words, post on www.denverpost.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.