Vincent Fabian Thomas (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Thu, September 16 2021 Revenue in the life insurance business returned to the pre-pandemic level in the first half of this year, in line with the economic recovery that was gaining steam in the same period. Indonesian Life Insurance Association (AAJI) chairman Budi Tampubolon said on Tuesday that the industry had seen its revenue grow by 64.1 percent year-on-year (yoy) to Rp 119.74 trillion (US$8.39 billion) in the first half of this year, exceeding Rp 113.94 trillion booked in the equivalent period of 2019. The industry's premium revenue also grew by 17.5 percent yoy to Rp 104.72 trillion, well above the Rp 91.8 trillion booked in the first six months of 2019. "This performance is better than the first half of 2019. We are not just comparing it to the first half of 2020, which was affected by COVID-19," Budi told reporters in an online press conference… to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,000/month Unlimited access to our web and app content e-Post daily digital newspaper No advertisements, no interruptions Privileged access to our events and programs Subscription to our newsletters We accept Register to read 3… Read full this story
- Debate: Should life insurers offer indemnity-based health policies?
- Covid-19 all round impact for non-life insurers: Experts
- HDFC Life Insurance Q4 net profit down 14.5% at Rs 311 crore
- HSBC to buy out life insurance joint venture partner in China
- COVID-19: Provide life insurance for Journalists on frontline, NUJ tells FG, stakeholders
- Provide life insurance for journalists on frontline, NUJ tells FG, stakeholders
- Pfizer says its coronavirus vaccine could be ready in the autumn in global race to beat the pandemic
- Covid-19 an opportunity to rethink existing processes & reduce fixed cost: Sanjay Tiwari, Exide Life
- Axis Bank share price up 5% on picking up 29% stake in Max Life
- While claims have reduced, we also see some reduction in revenue: Edelweiss Gen Insurance CEO
Life insurance industry beats pre-pandemic revenue in H1 have 304 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.