In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- Facebook putting children's lives at risk by reviving spurious MMR claims, say UK health chiefs
- 2,400 more bank branches at risk of being closed
- What is Ebola, has there been an outbreak in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is there a vaccine?
- Hundreds of Dundee kids at risk as parents fail to vaccinate youngsters against diseases
- Rabbits, plovers, bees and a bear? Toronto adopts strategy to preserve its biodiversity
- Doctors surgery’s brutally honest sign about the risks of not vaccinating your kids goes viral… but it’s split opinion
- What is the HPV virus, will boys be vaccinated against it and what are the symptoms of cervical cancer?
- Immunotherapy-first cancer treatment a 'game-changer', say scientists
- Up to 100,000 children to miss out on free school meals because of government threshold, study finds
- Almost half of Northern Ireland young people have mental health problems, study reveals
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 341 words, post on deadline.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.