Listen and follow The Daily Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher Jeff Bezos, Michael Bloomberg, Elon Musk and George Soros are household names. They are worth billions and are among the wealthiest people in the United States. A recent report by ProPublica has found another thing that separates them from regular Americans: They have paid almost nothing in taxes. Using a complex web of loopholes, they have been able to do so while remaining inside the bounds of the law. Why does the U.S. tax system let that happen? On today's episode Jonathan Weisman , a congressional correspondent for The New York Times. Background reading An analysis by ProPublica showed that from 2014 to 2018, the nation's richest executives paid just a fraction of their wealth in taxes — $13.6 billion in federal income taxes during a time when their collective net worth reportedly increased by $401 billion. The exposé has refocused attention on the tax code and how it applies to the superrich. There are a lot of ways to listen to The Daily. Here's how . Transcripts of each episode are available by the next workday. You can find them at the top of the page. Jonathan Weisman… Read full this story
- Republicans focus tax hike opposition on capital gains change
- 1.5 million workers paying extra 25% penalty on pension savings - are you affected?
- Do We Need a Wealth Tax?
- Rishi Sunak's global tax plan set to raise costs for investors, workers & consumers - how?
- Late fees for self-assessment tax payers to be waived by HMRC if they set up payment plan by April 1
- Honest taxpayers deserve to be recognised for paying due share of taxes: Nirmala Sitharaman
- How To Gift Assets Before The Pending Biden Tax Plan
- Income Tax: 5 Quick Tips for Salaried People on How to Save Tax
- Top paying UK jobs: The professions paying over £50,000 a year
- SEISS fifth grant tax explained - but warning as 'reckoning' coming for some Britons
Why Billionaires Pay So Little Tax have 319 words, post on www.nytimes.com at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.