With three sons who enjoy few things more than snowboarding, Steve and Vanessa Alexander were hoping to find a winter vacation home in the mountains, away from their primary home in sunny Malibu, Calif. "As they were growing up, we found that the best trips for the family were the action-adventure kind of trips, where their ages made less of a difference, in the great outdoors," said Ms. Alexander, 51, an interior designer , whose sons Jude, Leo and Max now range in age from 12 to 19. What they didn't expect was that their winter getaway would become a favorite four-season destination. At first, they looked for a home in upscale ski destinations like Aspen, Colo., where there were lots of off-mountain attractions, including restaurants and nightlife. But while renting a house one winter, "we had this epiphany, like, 'Why do we even care if we're in a town with all these other amenities, when really all we want to do is be at home?'" Ms. Alexander said. "We were either skiing or in our jammies, cooking and playing games." That's when she and Mr. Alexander, 55, a partner at the talent agency ICM Partners, shifted their focus to… Read full this story
- She narrowly escaped a deadly mudslide. Her heroic efforts saved dozens of lives.
- I Rewatched "Game Of Thrones" Season 3 And Noticed Some Interesting Details
- I Rewatched "Game Of Thrones" Season 4 And Noticed These Interesting Details
- Here's Everything I Noticed Rewatching "Game Of Thrones" Season 6
- Warner Mountain Lookout a cozy escape in snowy wilderness
- Hager Mountain Lookout an off-the-grid adventure
- Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga evacuate homes amid Calif. wildfires: 'Flames have hit our property'
- 12 Underrated Urban Escapes That Make Great Honeymoon Destinations
- Berks County man accused of assaulting Myerstown woman
- H.S. Wrestling: Section 4 crowns 10 champs in Windsor
A Mountain Escape Turned Four-Season Home have 304 words, post on www.nytimes.com at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.