The Free Software Foundation (FSF) re-admitting its founder Richard M. Stallman (RMS) to its board in late March caught everyone, including FSF members and staff, by surprise. Many — both outside and inside the FSF — objected to RMS’s return . Weeks later, RMS offered a defensive non-apology apology for the words and actions that led to his resignation from the FSF . But how RMS returned to the FSF remained a mystery… until now. Open Source Linux Foundation announces new open-source software signing service Top open source, tech-smart, board-ready women executives Red Hat’s survey results on the state of enterprise open-source software The open-source RISC-V is prompting chip technology breakthroughs (ZDNet YouTube) Top five open source Linux server distributions (TechRepublic) We knew that the FSF Board of Directors had, over the objections of at least two members, voted him back. But he was also elected by the voting members. Who were they? It certainly wasn’t the rank-and-file FSF members. They were as startled by Stallman’s re-emergence as everyone else. Now, in a note from current FSF President and Treasurer Geoffrey Knauth, the FSF has revealed the “voting members” are, for all intents and purposes, the board of directors …. Read full this story
- Richard Stillman - Free Software Visionary
- Prophetic Implications of the 2008 Election
- Post-Capitalistic Free Market Economy - How Can US Be Rescued (Part II) - Realities and Problems
- Foundation For Retirement
- Learn Spanish Online? Easy to Follow Tips to Follow When Selecting Your Spanish Speaking Software
- Free Internet Marketing Advice
- Value Stream Mapping Software and Flow Charts
- Globalisation and Free World Trade - Is it Justified?
- What Are the Steps in Creating an Online Business For Free
- We the People Foundation For Constitutional Education
The Free Software Foundation reveals how RMS was re-elected and its future have 278 words, post on www.zdnet.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.