NEW ZEALAND V AUSTRALIA, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Finch scored a game-changing 79 © Getty There were question marks over Aaron Finch’s spot in the Australian XI ahead of this series. The calls only grew louder after Australia went down 2-0 with Finch’s form also declining further. But by the end of the fourth game of the series, all those doubts can truly be laid to rest as the Australian skipper came up with a masterful innings once again to help his side claw their way back. Finch was the only batsman to score big on Friday (March 5) in a low-scoring match as his unbeaten half-century helped Australia level the series 2-2. Finch stands tall Was he flawless? Definitely not. Was he effective? Absolutely. Australia needed someone to stick around and the skipper put his hand up. He was struggling for timing throughout. Some of the boundaries he had hit weren’t even crisp but he got the job done. With batsmen falling continuously at the other end, Finch made sure he stayed there until the end to give his side a fighting total. With nine balls left in the innings. Finch finally registered… Read full this story
- India-Australia Test series: Too early to decide on shifting venue from Melbourne, says CA
- Players ignored as Australia confirms longest ever Big Bash
- England vs Australia 1st ODI: Late Willey heroics see hosts past Aussies
- Transcript: Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison discusses global impacts of COVID-19
- New Zealand to host West Indies, Pakistan, Australia and Bangladesh in summer season
- Australia and West Indies postpone T20 series in October
- Pak vs Eng: Front foot no-ball tech to be tested in England-Pakistan series
- Ministers look at Australian-style plan to 'push-back' migrants vessels leaving France while Border Force pleads with Royal Navy to step in to help - as toddler is plucked from a boat in the Channel and taken to Dover today
- Family raffle their £170,000 three-bedroom home and BMW for just £1 a ticket to fulfil their dream of moving to Australia... so, could YOU be the lucky winner?
- Steve Smith happy about retaining Ashes but disappointed to have drawn the series to England
Ruthless Australia force series decider have 356 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.