Hollywood elites will be given preferential "fast-track" visas under the government's reformed immigration system, Home Secretary Priti Patel announced on Wednesday. Actors and musicians who are "prestigious award winners" will be put at the front of the immigration queue, including those who win Oscars, Grammys, and BAFTAs. Nobel Prize winners will also be among those eligible for the right to live and work in the UK. Announcing the rule change, the Home Secretary said : "Winners of these awards have reached the pinnacle of their career and they have so much to offer the UK. "These important changes will give them the freedom to come and work in our world-leading arts, sciences, music, and film industries as we build back better. "This is exactly what our new point-based immigration system was designed for – attracting the best and brightest based on the skills and talent they have, not where they've come from." The Home Office said that winners of awards in the areas of dance, fashion, architecture, and social sciences will also be included in the "Global Talent" fast-track visa system. On Tuesday, Patel also inked an immigration deal with India, which will allow "young professionals" between the ages of 18… Read full this story
- Veterans Feel Betrayed as U.S. Immigration System Fails Imperiled Iraqi Allies
- Such a drag! Stressed Cardi B smokes THREE cigarettes at once - as Hollywood liberals start losing their minds at prospect of a Trump victory
- Another Hearing Implicates Top Democrats In EB-5 Visa Corruption
- The best Fast Company articles of the past 25 years
- Peacock: Everything about NBCUniversal's (partially) free app
- Keith Urban’s new album The Speed Of Now is full of catchy pop country, electronic and folk tracks
- iPhone 12 and 5G: All the answers to your questions about the super-fast connectivity
- Boohoo shares tumble 25% wiping £1.3 billion of value as police probe 'human trafficking and slavery' concerns at Leicester factory where workers 'earn £3.50 an hour and are put at risk of catching coronavirus'
- 2020 Election Live Updates: California mail ballots pouring in; a viewer’s guide to election night results
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Early voters cast 10 million mail ballots so far in California
Free Visa With Every Grammy: Hollywood Elites to Get ‘Fast-Tracked’ Under Patel’s Immigration Plan have 365 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.