ABC News legal analyst and co-host of "The View" Sunny Hostin said on Wednesday's broadcast that Facebook upheld its ban of former President Donald Trump because she believed he continues to be "a public safety threat." Hostin said, "Facebook is a private company. That's why they can make this kind of decision. I'm always very concerned, as an attorney, just as an American, of course, about free speech. I think you have to be very careful when you decide to take that ability away from someone. That being said, the reason this happened to Trump is based on two posts that he posted during the insurrection, right, a real attack on our democracy. One he told rioters, 'we love you you're very special.' In another post, he called them 'great patriots' and told them to 'remember this day forever.' At the time, Facebook felt it was clear there was an immediate risk of harm and that his words of support for those involved in the riots legitimized their violent actions." She continued, "There has to be a balance between free speech and violence and free speech and public safety. That's why that decision was made. 68% of Americans get their information… Read full this story
- Twitter Condemns Uganda Social Media Shutdowns, Days After Trump Ban
- Hundreds Of Far-Right Militias Are Still Organizing, Recruiting, And Promoting Violence On Facebook
- Virgil: The Great Reset Continues — Facebook’s New Imperial Order
- Twitter to Prevent Re-Upload of Trump's Tweets by National Archives, Reports Suggest
- Trump launches 'the official website of the 45th President'
- Montana Gov. Gianforte Signs Bill Banning Sanctuary Cities: ‘Immigration Laws Will Be Enforced’
- Zuckerberg Responds to Facebook Boycott, Will Crack Down on ‘Hateful’ Ads, Label Politicians’ Posts
- Republican lawmakers reintroduce bill to ban TikTok on federal devices
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Chauvin conviction puts renewed focus on police reform
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden convenes world leaders for Earth Day
ABC’s Hostin: Facebook Upheld Trump Ban Because He Is ‘Still a Public Safety Threat’ have 342 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.