The funeral of Second World War veteran Prince Philip, the Queen's husband of over seven decades and Britain's longest-serving consort, took place at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on Saturday. This article was updated live as the funeral procession and service unfolded. UPDATE: 4:00 — Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, the controversial American wife of the Duke's grandson Prince Harry, is reported to have left a handwritten note on a wreath specially chosen for the funeral. Unlike sister-in-law Catherine, or Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, she was unable to attend the funeral in person, with doctors having advised her against travel due to her pregnancy. WINDSOR, ENGLAND – APRIL 17: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle on April 17, 2021 in Windsor, England. Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark was born 10 June 1921, in Greece. He served in the British Royal Navy and fought in WWII. He married the then Princess Elizabeth on 20 November 1947 and was created Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, and Baron Greenwich by King VI. He served as Prince Consort to Queen Elizabeth II until his death on April 9 2021, months short of… Read full this story
- The Queen and Prince Philip 'to get Covid vaccine in weeks' but 'will wait in line'
- Royal family album! Queen and Prince Philip are seen in rare group photos with their children and grandchildren as Christmas cards sent to a Sandringham estate employee over a 20-year period go up for auction
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip to get coronavirus vaccine within weeks
- Queen and Prince Philip to skip Christmas in Sandringham for first time in 33 years
- The Queen and Prince Philip's unexpected change in Christmas location revealed
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip change Christmas plans amid pandemic
- Queen and Prince Philip 'delighted' by granddaughter Zara Tindall's pregnancy news
- The Queen's loneliest Christmas: Monarch, 94 and Prince Philip, 99, will celebrate season alone for the first time since 1949 as couple decide on 'quiet' day at Windsor rather than forming a bubble at Sandringham with close family
- Royal Family gather for service celebrating Queen's 90th - despite Prince Philip turning 95 today
- Concerns from royal watchers as Prince Philip, 99, misses royal photocall as Queen welcomes Prince William and Kate Middleton to Windsor
WATCH: Funeral of Queen’s Consort Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh have 366 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.