Further details on the timings of Prince Philip’s funeral have been revealed. The proceedings will take place on Saturday afternoon and will stay within the grounds of Windsor Castle to avoid crowds gathering during the coronavirus pandemic, but will be televised to the nation. Here is what we know about what will happen and when. 2.20pm to 2.27pm Members of the Royal Family who are not in the procession begin arriving at St George’s Chapel, where the service is taking place. These include the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall. 2.27pm The band in the quadrangle begins to play music. The Land Rover which will carry the Duke of Edinburgh’s coffin will enter the quadrangle. It has been specially modified and designed by the duke himself . A lifelong fan of Land Rover, the duke spent 16 years on the project and made changes including requesting a repaint in military green. 2.38pm The Duke of Edinburgh ‘s coffin will be lifted by members of The Queen’s Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. 2.40pm The music will stop. What we know about Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral arrangements – codenamed Operation Forth Bridge 2.41pm The coffin will emerge from the state… Read full this story
- Prince Philip: Britain's Gaffe-Prone Duke Turns 90
- How is Prince Philip? Latest news as the royal, 98, is discharged from hospital to spend Christmas at Sandringham
- Why is Prince Philip not King Philip? Netflx’s The Crown addresses the issue
- Prince Philip goes home for Christmas! Duke of Edinburgh, 98, leaves hospital after a four-night stay 'and heads to Sandringham to spend Christmas with the Queen and the rest of the royal family'
- Prince Charles says on visit to flood-hit village that Prince Philip, 98, is 'being looked after very well' as he spends a fourth day in hospital
- Will Prince Philip make it home for Christmas? Duke of Edinburgh starts his fifth day in hospital as the royal family gathers at Sandringham
- Prince Philip 'not too bad' for 98, Prince Charles says, as Duke of Edinburgh remains in hospital
- Prince Philip taken to hospital just days before Christmas
- Prince Philip won't be charged over Sandringham car crash that left two injured, police say
- Prince Philip gives up driver's licence after crashing and driving without a seatbelt
Prince Philip: What will happen and when at the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral have 370 words, post on news.sky.com at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.