McDonald's has tapped Korean pop sensation BTS to promote a new meal, in a move that the world's largest fast-food chain hopes will expand the reach of its US-based celebrity promotional campaigns to a global scale. The Grammy-nominated boy band's meal will launch starting next month in nearly 50 countries, including South Korea, McDonald's said in a statement on Monday, and will include chicken McNuggets, fries, and two dips. The burger chain has seen its revenue outside the United States drop during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company is tapping on promotional campaigns through celebrity endorsements and limited-time menu items to get customers back into restaurants as economies reopen with the roll-out of vaccines. The BTS meal follows similar US-only deals with singers J Balvin and Travis Scott, which McDonald's says boosted sales in the later half of last year. The spike in demand during the Travis Scott promotion caused the company to temporarily run short of ingredients to assemble its signature Quarter Pounder burgers at some restaurants. – Reuters
- McDonalds fans can get a free Roald Dahl inspired book with every Happy Meal
- Behind the scenes of McDonald's
- Buck Barn McDonald’s: What’s been happening? What’s new? And when is it re-opening?
- Characters from smash hit kids move at county McDonald's
- Olive Garden's Pasta Pass goes on sale Thursday, but pasta lovers will have to act fast
- London Teen Puts Virginity on Sale, Claims to Have Met MU Player, Banker
- Primary school installs pedals under desks and makes pupils spin them in bid to cut childhood obesity
- Ducati Finally Revs Up Sales
- The last British veterans of Korea: the Forgotten War
- Should all restaurants have to display calorie counts on menus?
McDonald's introduces special BTS meal in bid to amp sales have 283 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.