CHICAGO (AP) — Slumping José Ramírez connected for a go-ahead, two-run homer off Lance Lynn in the sixth inning and the Cleveland Indians bounced back from being no-hit, beating the Chicago White Sox 4-2 Thursday. After Carlos Rodón just missed a perfect game in pitching a no-hitter Wednesday night, there was a different kind of tension this time as the benches emptied in the bottom of the first. READ MORE: Indianapolis FedEx Shooting: Here’s What We Know So Far Adam Eaton singled and tried to advance when Indians right fielder Josh Naylor threw to third, hoping to get lead runner Tim Anderson. Eaton arrived ahead of the throw back to second, but was called out when his hand came off the bag while shortstop Andrés Giménez stood his ground and held the tag. Eaton grabbed Giménez's leg, began barking and then pushed Giménez in the chest with two hands. Indians starter Aaron Civale plunked Eaton with a pitch in the upper arm in the third. Eaton said he had stopped at second and that Giménez lifted arm off the bag. Eaton complained to second base umpire Bill Miller to no avail. "I let the emotions get the best of me,"… Read full this story
- White Sox Tame Tigers 9-0 To Complete Sweep
- White Sox Ride Early Lead, Beat Tigers 8-4
- White Sox Top Tigers 7-2
- Clyburn: Biden falling short on naming Black figures to top posts
- Democratic concerns about Latino support linger in final days of campaign
- CRAIG BROWN: What a day... Donald Trump's hair has gone grey!
- Teed off after teeing off! Trump loses it during Thanksgiving Day round of golf, blasting 'I hate this f*****g hole' as he shanks his ball into the water
- Francesca Allen flaunts her toned physique in skimpy white bikini as she poses for sun-kissed selfies during her recent idyllic getaway to Turkey
- Selma Blair cuts a stylish figure in a white, green and pink floral dress during errand run in LA
- White House coronavirus task force calls for a 'significant behavior change' from Americans
A Day After No-Hitter, White Sox Fall Short To Cleveland have 347 words, post on chicago.cbslocal.com at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.