The 2021 Tribeca Film Festival will have in-person screenings, something no North American fest has done since the start of Covid-19. A 12-day series of outdoor screenings will highlight the event, which will be the 20th anniversary of the first Tribeca held months after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The festival will be the official cap-off to New York State's ongoing NY PopsUp arts initiative. Tribeca co-founder Jane Rosenthal is also one of the principals behind NYPopsUp. Screenings will be held June 9 to 20 at a range of public venues across Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island. Confirmed venues include Brookfield Place New York, Pier 57 Rooftop, The Battery, Hudson Yards; Empire Outlets and The MetroTech Commons. In addition to those venues, Tribeca will host community screenings in all New York City boroughs, including the Bronx and Queens, using traveling 40-foot screens. Tribeca officials said they are working closely with the New York State Department of Health to ensure that public gatherings comply with Covid-19 safety protocols. Related Story L.A. County Public Health Covid-19 Report: 538 New Cases And One New Death – Update The pandemic in 2020 wiped out several festivals, including Cannes, SXSW and Telluride. Other major stops on the… Read full this story
- Cindy Ashton’s “Innovation Uncorked” Launches North American Tour; Premieres January 2019 on e360TV
- Why are Native American women and girls vanishing?
- Innings Festival, Travis Scott, So You Think You Can Dance, Moscow Ballet coming to Phoenix
- LADD’s ReelAbilities Film Fest Transforms and Expands into the Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival
- LADD's New Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival Has Roots in its Previous ReelAbilities Film Festival
- Americans Want to Believe Jobs Are the Solution to Poverty. They’re Not.
- Byrd Theatre Holding Big LeBYRDski Festival Nov. 2-3
- Major entertainment district coming to Coors Field with outdoors space, Rockies hall of fame and more
- U.S. and North Korea Agree to New Summit Meeting, South Korea Says
- Federal Court Throws Out North Carolina’s Congressional Districts, Again
Tribeca’s 20th Edition In June To Be First Major North American Festival To Hold In-Person Screenings have 319 words, post on deadline.com at March 29, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.