Video Player Close BAGHDAD, Feb. 28 (Xinhua) — The Iraqi Ministry of Health reported 3,248 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the total nationwide number to 695,489. The new cases included 940 in the capital Baghdad, 662 in Basra, 393 in Najaf, 179 in Wasit, and 175 in Qadisiyah, the ministry said in a statement. It also reported 23 new deaths, raising the death toll from the infectious virus to 13,406, while the total recoveries in Iraq climbed by 2,933 to 635,931. A total of 6,846,243 tests have been carried out across the country since the outbreak of the disease in February 2020, with 35,525 done during the day. The ministry said in a separate statement that Health Minister Hassan al-Tamimi chaired a meeting with medical officials in the ministries of defense and interior, as well as the medical directorate of the Hashd Shaabi forces, to review the health restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of the new strain of coronavirus. The meeting stressed the need to strictly apply health restrictive measures by preventing gatherings and punishing violators, according to the statement. Iraq has taken a series of measures to curb the recent rise in infections after the Ministry of… Read full this story
- Almost 90 People Exposed to Major Chlorine Leak in Eastern Iraq - Reports
- Two Mortars Land Inside Balad Air Base in Iraq - Reports
- White House Begins Drafting Possible Sanctions Against Iraq - Report
- Ronan Farrow Defends Report On New Kavanaugh Accuser In Testy ‘GMA’ Interview
- BREAKING: Multiple Missiles Fired From Inside Iran At Multiple Bases, Targets Inside Iraq, Reports Say
- US Stock Futures Drop By More Than 1% Following Attack on Ayn al-Asad Base in Iraq - Reports
- Mueller report sparks new DC war over Russia probe: Subpoenas, payback and more
- Iran fires missiles at US targets in Iraq — as it happened
- Chaos over U.S. troops in Iraq as Pentagon insists they WON'T withdraw despite general leading anti-ISIS coalition saying they'll move 'out of Iraq' in draft letter released by mistake amid anger over attack that killed Qassem Soleimani
- Iraq says unsigned U.S. troop-withdrawal letter sent by mistake COUNTS despite Arabic translation not matching the English—as Pentagon chief vows 'we are not leaving' but Donald Trump insists it will happen 'at some point'
Iraq reports 3,248 new COVID-19 cases, 695,489 in total have 354 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.