Visitors at the exhibition Nắm Cát Tha Hương (The White Sand in Exile) at Old Soul art centre at Lê Thanh Nghị Street in Đà Nẵng. Photo facebook Old Soul ĐÀ NẴNG — An art exhibition by Xuân Hạ depicts her life through personal experiences and external materials in her homeland in the central region. Nắm Cát Tha Hương (The White Sand in Exile) is her work exploring the issues of sand exploitation in her hometown in Thăng Bình District in the south-central province of Quảng Nam. She reflects the impact it has on the material and spiritual life of the local residents. Hạ uses glass bottles she has collected that had washed up on shore to create her work. “White sand spreads across the seaside communes. Houses are built on sand. Trees are planted on sand. The tourism industry is built on sand. People's graveyards are built on sand,” exhibition visitor Thảo Hương said. “I was born in the central region and sand is something that is very familiar in my life. “The exhibition brings emotions and memories of my childhood. I witnessed the river in my homeland drying up in summer because sand turned into cement. I visit my maternal grandparent’s graveyards with white sand and bushes.” The exhibition originates from the culture of people that live… Read full this story
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay debuts with Bill Bensley design
- 18 of the best countries to visit in 2018
- Review: Soneva Fushi, the Maldives’ original hideaway
- Review: Soneva Fushi, Baa Atoll (Maldives)
- 30 places to go for Christmas and New Year for a luxury travel break
- Weekend Break Ideas: 52 Weekend Breaks from the UK
- 10 surrealistic South American travel hotspots
- Announcing Wander Women St. Pete: A Yoga + Aerial Arts Retreat • Alex in Wanderland
- Announcing Wander Women St. Pete: A Yoga + Aerial Arts Retreat
- Review: Soneva Fushi (Maldives), my best holiday ever!
White sand inspires artist to imagine and create have 320 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.