Video Player Close BEIJING, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) — Coordinating epidemic prevention and economic and social development, and eliminating poverty were among the main focuses of the proposals raised by political advisors last year, a senior political advisor said Tuesday. Li Zhiyong, director of the Committee for Handling Proposals of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) National Committee, made the remarks at a press conference on the CPPCC’s work in 2020. Last year, 1,103 proposals from CPPCC members were handled by the National Health Commission (NHC), of which 291 were epidemic-related, said Liu Liqun with the NHC. There were also key proposals from CPPCC members concerning poverty alleviation. They cover six aspects, such as establishing long-term poverty alleviation mechanisms. Efforts were also made to improve efficiency. After the COVID-19 outbreak last year, the committee opened a dedicated channel to enable proposals on COVID-19 containment and other urgent issues to reach relevant governmental bodies in a timely manner, said Li. Enditem
- Migrant workers left out in Thailand's fight against COVID-19
- One year on, Vietnamese medicine matures alongside successful COVID-19 fight
- WHO chief criticises 'false choice' between public health and economy in COVID-19 fight
- More companies announce wage cuts, no-pay leave amid COVID-19 economic downturn
- Commentary: How many times must Japan be urged to step up COVID-19 testing?
- Democrat Biden warns against rushing out COVID-19 vaccine, says Trump cannot be trusted
- US CDC tells states to prep for COVID-19 vaccine distribution as soon as late October
- In Thailand, the COVID-19 outbreak is driving more consumers online
- US CDC reports 198,754 deaths from COVID-19
- COVID-19 patient fell from height, no foul play suspected in his death, police officer says in coroner hearing
Political advisors focus on COVID-19 prevention, poverty alleviation in 2020 have 269 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.