Maria Bakalova has been nominated for best performance by an actress in a motion picture for her breakthrough role in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. The 24-year-old stole the show with the role of Tutar, Borat's daughter, in Sacha Baron Cohen's outrageous sequel to 2006's Borat. Baron Cohen had called for the Bulgarian actress to win an Oscar, and it looks likes she's a step closer to getting nominated, as she has landed a Golden Globe nomination. Bakalova is up against Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit), Anya Taylor-Joy (Emma), Kate Hudson (Music) and Rosamund Pike (I Care A Lot) in the category for best actress in a motion picture – musical or comedy. She had initially been submitted for the best supporting actress category, but was bumped up by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in December. Bakalova had starred in seven European films before she made her Hollywood debut, nabbing the role of Tutar after being one of hundreds of actresses to audition for the role. Her comedic timing was praised, and a scene in which Tutar enters a hotel room with Rudy Giuliani became the most talked about scene of the movie. Speaking about his co-star, Baron Cohen said: 'She is one… Read full this story
- Golden Globe nominations LIVE! Follow all the action
- A Star Is Born dominates Golden Globes nominations
- Killing Eve fans demand justice for Jodie Comer at Golden Globes
- See the celebrities who made Forbes' 30 Under 30
- Bernardo Bertolucci: Five key films
- Olivia Colman interview: ‘I still worry that I won’t have work’
- Your Christmas season streaming schedule sorted
- Who is Hailee Steinfeld? Bumblebee and Pitch Perfect 2 and 3 star dating Niall Horan
- Wreck Ralph 2 is out TODAY – what is it about and who stars in it?
- Our inspirational readers celebrating their 70th birthday alongside Prince Charles over tea
Maria Bakalova bags Golden Globe nomination for playing Tutar in Borat 2 have 301 words, post on metro.co.uk at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.