11:42PM What happened today? O n another extraordinary day in Washington, here are the top stories. Donald Trump’s lawyers accused Democrats of “constitutional cancel culture” and a “monstrous” act of political vengeance designed to stop him running for the White House again The former president’s legal team said his comments telling followers to “fight like hell’ before the US Capitol siege on Jan 6 were free speech, and politicians had been saying similar for hundreds of years. They played lengthy videos of top Democrat politicians – including Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi – repeatedly calling on their own supporters to “fight” in the past Mr Trump’s lawyers said the idea he meant his supporters to carry out violence was “patently absurd” and “slanderous” Joe Biden appeared to put pressure on Republicans on Friday night, saying: “I’m anxious to see what my Republican friends do, if they stand up” Join us on Saturday for more live coverage of the trial. 11:33PM Honour for Officer Goodman C huck Schumer now rises to speak and confirms that the Senate has no more questions. He asks for unanimous consent that the Senate passes legislation awarding Eugene Goodman a Congressional Gold Medal – the highest… Read full this story
- Donald Trump: Impeachment trial for inciting insurrection to start on 8 February
- Donald Trump: Impeachment trial set to start next week
- Donald Trump Senate Trial Threatens Joe Biden's Push for Unity, Cabinet Appointments
- GOP Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler Explains Why She Backed Donald Trump Impeachment
- Mitch McConnell Will Not Convene Senate Early, Pushing Trump Impeachment Trial into Biden’s Term
- Report: McConnell Will Propose Trump Impeachment Trial to Start in February
- Donald Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Officials Probing Threats to Attack Lawmakers as They Travel to and from Trump Impeachment Trial
- Donald Trump Impeached: What next?
- New Lincoln Project Ad Targets Donald Trump Impeachment
Donald Trump's impeachment trial is a 'politically motivated witch hunt,' defence says have 306 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.