Our vibrant island city just got more rad. If you haven’t already jumped on the “rediscover Singapore” bandwagon (now very “in” to explore our own backyard; or rather, no choice), get ready to jalan jalan in various neighbourhoods around Singapore and explore little-known secrets hand-picked and recommended by the ‘hood residents themselves. We’re talking about JalanJalan.me , a community project spearheaded by the people behind the #savefnbsg movement, and supported by Enterprise Singapore and Singapore Tourism Board, to show Singaporeans what to see, eat, shop and do in our beloved towns. The cool ‘hood that we’re throwing the spotlight on this week: And Mo Kio. Just remember, "When in Ang Mo Kio (AMK), do as the AMKsians do". See 1. A pair of proud Merlion statues AMK's Merlion statues might not spout water or be tourist-bait, but they sure have plenty of history. Commissioned by the Ang Mo Kio Residential Committee in 1998, they guard the entrance to the car park of blocks 216 to 222. Fun fact: These rebellious heartlanders almost got taken down as they infringed on the copyright and intellectual property owned by the Singapore Tourism Board. Luckily, the relevant governing bodies worked things out, and the… Read full this story
- 'I’ve not done anything wrong...test me any time': Mo Farah insists his reputation remains untarnished by Alberto Salazar doping scandal
- The Masked Singer UK's Ken Jeong replaced by BAFTA-winning comedian Mo Gilligan
- Gap rediscovers e-commerce playbook, a little late
- Chunky Pandey On Shooting Abhay 2 Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic: You Can’t Let Your Guards Down
- Pupperazzi lets you photograph dogs—what more could you want?
- StarHub to turn on 5G experience for some customers
- Janice Dulce passes along Filipino culture via arroz caldo
- Inside the Americana Genre’s Identity Crisis
- The MJ Principle of Fitness
- Meyer's Mailbag: Top pros from Tennessee, Alabama and more
Let's go jalan jalan: Rediscovering Ang Mo Kio have 304 words, post on www.asiaone.com at January 17, 2021. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.