BLURB 28-year-old Snehpal Randhawa was driving a taxi that was hit by another car at Vancouver
SANGRUR A 28-year-old man, hailing from Dhuri town of Sangrur district, was killed in a road accident at Vancouver in Canada on Saturday.
Snehpal Singh Randhawa died after a taxi he was driving was hit by another car in the wee hours of Saturday, his father Bahadur Singh said.
He said Snehpal had gone to Canada on study visa in 2010 and later started working as taxi driver there. “As per initial information, his taxi was hit by another car and he was declared brought dead in hospital. I will leave for Canada on Tuesday to bring his body.”
According to a statement by Vancouver police department, the car driver was seriously injured in the incident while two taxi passengers also sustained injuries.
Police said they suspected speed and alcohol could be the factors behind the accident.
- South Africa man killed by family for watching World Cup
- Man killed at jet skiing championships
- Cops: Man killed at Olympics mall
- Man killed as Seahawks party
- Cops: Man kills Sportsman host, self
- Man killed in bus-plow collision
- FBI says man killed in bombing probe
- Man killed at Herbie Hide’s house
- Police: Man killed crying stepdaughter
- Murdered man and injured woman accepted a drink invitation before being attacked with a machete - as three face court over the horrific stabbing