There was almost three-fold rise in seizure of heroin in Jalandhar as compared to the previous year recoveries. Jalandhar rural police have seized 37kg heroin, including 10kg from 16 foreign national smugglers, this year against 14kg heroin, including 6kg heroin from 10 international smugglers, in 2018. Even the seizure of drugs was not this high in 2017 here when the police had launched a special crackdown on the directions of newly formed Congress government to root out drug menace.According to the information, the district police have seized 7kg heroin, including 800gm seizure from 1 international smuggler, in 2017 and 2.6 kg heroin in 2016 while 13kg, including 2.5 kg recovery from one international peddler, was made in 2015.There was a spike in the seizure of opium as well as it shot up by five times with the police seizing 66kg opium against 14kg seizure in 2015.The unprecedented rise is attributed to unabated drugs smuggling from neighbouring states, especially from Delhi, throughout the year and increased police vigil. A police officer said that smugglers are shifting base to Delhi from Pakistan and Afghanistan due to increased checking. The drug mafia now considers Delhi as a transit hub… Read full this story
- Cubs see potential stardom in 21-year-old Soler
- Groups: Hate crimes on rise in Ukraine
- As freshman Jeff Godfrey’s star rises, so does UCF
- Ducks like what they see in Lindholm
- Can Bulldogs reclaim state of Mississippi after Rebels’ rise?
- Nelson may get gold 8 years later
- No. 9 Hoyas roll to rare New Year’s win
- Sharks sign Setoguchi to 3-year deal
- Thousands of fans show up in Soweto to see Brazil
- Mourinho pledges to see out season
Jalandhar sees almost three-fold rise in heroin seizure this year have 269 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.