When Ken Dornstein first heard of the Lockerbie bombing he was aged 19, sitting in his parent’s kitchen, and had no idea that his elder brother David was on the plane. Now aged 52, he could soon see the suspected bomb-maker – Abu Agila Mas’ud – charged by US authorities thanks in large part to his own investigative work. Dornstein was the one who gave Mas’ud’s name to the FBI in 2015, having spent six years and $350,000 of his own money tracking down a man now thought to have been Gaddafi’s master bomb-maker. As part of his investigation, Ken pored through CIA and Stasi records of Libyan terror attacks in Europe, travelled three times to Libya where he once ended up in a room next door to Abdelbaset al-Megrahi – the only man jailed over the attack – and covertly recorded a man suspected of being a Libyan assassin in Berlin in the 80s. Speaking to the BBC after reports emerged that US prosecutors are on the verge of charging Mas’ud, he said: ‘It matters for all the families that the facts be known… ‘I think there’s a threat when it seems like there is no narrative… that’s corrosive… Read full this story
- 'Deeply concerned' Hillsborough victim's mother Margaret Aspinall penned a scathing letter to manslaughter judge questioning his 'impartiality' after he described David Duckenfield as a 'poor chap' during the trial
- A bloody outrage: Veterans' fury as former British soldier WILL be charged with murder over Bloody Sunday shootings while IRA terrorists 'are cleansed of crimes' - as ex-Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams holds protest 'in solidarity with victims' families'
- Suspect in Queens jogger murder 'told police how he "lost it" and choked her' in a videotaped 'confession' without his lawyers present
- EXCLUSIVE: Princess Beatrice and her mother Sarah Ferguson tried to talk Prince Andrew OUT of giving BBC interview but he ignored their advice and listened to his chief of staff Amanda Thirsk instead say friends
- 'She shouldn't get £2MILLION for doing a DEADLY job': Grenfell families' fury as fire chief Dany Cotton is set to retire at 50 with gold-plated pension - as report blasts fatal 'stay put' advice that she DEFENDED despite 72 deaths
- Fire chiefs' failures led to more Grenfell Tower deaths: Scathing official report slams brigade for 'stay put' policy that prevented a full evacuation - so will it now face manslaughter charges?
- Mueller, Barr, Giuliani, Comey and Kallstrom Once Fought Terror Together—Now Trump Has Them Fight Each Other
- Why murdered Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia is back in the news
- How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory
- Palin criticises 'pussyfooting around' as President refuses to release Bin Laden death photo - but graphic images are published of three others killed in raid
How I found the 'Lockerbie bomber': Victim's brother pored over CIA cables, travelled to Libya and met an 'assassin' before giving suspect's name to the FBI - now US is set to charge him have 453 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.