close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for December 9 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. Officials in Cobb County, Georgia announced Wednesday they will add two more early voting sites in the lead-up to the January runoff election in a response to voting rights activists. The announcement means there will be five early voting sites for the first two weeks and seven polling stations for the state’s final week, which was first reported by NBC News. The number of voting locations was adjusted after voting rights activists expressed worry about how Black and Brown communities would be adversely affected by fewer stations. Groups like the Georgia National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and American Civil Liberties Union wrote a letter to the Cobb County Board of Elections Monday, citing concerns over adequate access to polling stations. “We understand that you are planning to eliminate over half of the County’s advance voting locations, transitioning from eleven locations used for the 2020 general election to only five locations for the upcoming runoff,” the letter read, “While these closures are likely to adversely affect many Cobb County voters, we are especially concerned that… Read full this story
- Ryan announces DACA votes as discharge petition stalls
- Nicaragua march ends in shooting amid calls for early vote
- Are voting centers a good idea for Florida? Some election officials say yes.
- Judge asked to lift Florida's campus ban on early voting
- An encouraging national pushback to the attack on voting rights
- Can't make it to the polls Tuesday? You still can vote in the SC primary
- Need a voting plan? Five steps to casting a ballot in California's election
- Parson voted to outlaw LGBT discrimination. Would he sign that law as governor?
- US causes more damage to the UN Human Rights Council
- US quits UN human rights body, citing bias vs Israel, alarming critics
Georgia announces two more early voting sites after outcry from voting rights groups have 313 words, post on www.foxnews.com at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.