Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar’s nephew and senior party leader Ajit Pawar took oath as the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra on Monday, for the second time in a span of a month.This is 60-year-old Pawar’s fourth tenure as the deputy CM, including the last three-day stint, when in an overnight coup, he took oath along with Devendra Fadnavis as the CM on November 23. With Pawar, a seven-term MLA, assuming the second position in the Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi government led by Shiv Sena’s Uddhav Thackeray, it is now clear that his “rebellion” of joining the Fadnavis government clandestinely has been forgiven by his uncle and party chief Sharad Pawar.Pawar first became the deputy CM in November 2010, after flexing his muscle within the party organization, thwarting his uncle’s plan to again give senior leader Chhagan Bhujbal the post. Pawar, in a surprise move, resigned in September 2012, amid allegations of the irrigation scam. He joined the government back as the deputy CM within three months, after he orchestrated a clean chit for himself through a white paper on irrigation prepared by his government.This year, too, just before joining hands with Fadnavis, Pawar, seen… Read full this story
- Getting Married For a Second Time
- Wedding - Second Time Around
- Weddings The Second Time Around
- The Second Six Months: Moving Up - Part Three
- Texas Refinance Loans - Refinancing Your Home Loan a Second Time
- Can an Adult Dating Relationship Work the Second Time Around?
- Marriage: The Second Time Around
- Leander Locksmith—Keep Safe The Second Time Around
- The Second Six Months: Moving Up - Part Two
- The Second Six Months: Moving Up - Part One
For second time in over a month, Ajit Pawar takes oath as dy CM have 281 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.