Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Dec. 2 (Xinhua) — Li Li still remembers vividly the first time, 20 years ago, that she performed a caesarean section on a pregnant woman infected with HIV. “I was so nervous at the operating table because I knew that HIV was different from other viruses,” said Li, director of the gynecology and obstetrics department of Beijing Ditan Hospital. With the encouragement and help of other experienced colleagues, however, she overcame her fear. “It gave me a boost of confidence, and I began to face future operations calmly,” she said. Tuesday marks the 33rd World AIDS Day, with all eyes on the HIV/AIDS fight. Beijing Ditan Hospital specializes in infectious-disease treatment and receives patients with infectious diseases, including those infected with HIV. Among the parents of newborn babies each year, some are HIV carriers. “More than 2,000 people gave birth at the gynecology and obstetrics department last year, and there were 18 people infected with HIV,” Li said, adding that of the more than 900 people who gave birth at the department in the first eight months of this year, eight were infected with HIV. “Fortunately, we successfully prevented mother-to-child transmission of HIV in all these cases,… Read full this story
- China Focus: Internet games offer new approach to boost traditional culture
- What is medically necessary treatment for gender-affirming health care?
- Scientists are looking at this African plant as a possible natural treatment for HIV
- Personalized cancer care offers new hope for patients
- Spotlight: Chinese medical service contributes to healthcare of African people
- Report: Chinese Far Outstrip U.S. in Cyberspy Fight
- Unique brain rehabilitation centre opens near Leeds to offer new hope to disabled patients
- Court case to tackle jails' medication-assisted treatment
- Why Doctors Still Offer Treatments That May Not Help
- On Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, activists say fight is not over
China Focus: Chinese medics offer treatment, hope in HIV/AIDS fight have 302 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.