Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday put forward a set of proposals for the G20 to stabilize and restore economic growth while containing COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. Xi made the remarks in Beijing when he addressed the G20 Riyadh Summit via video link. Xi spoke of the need to build a global firewall against COVID-19. “We must first put the disease under control at home and, on that basis, strengthen exchanges and cooperation to help countries in need,” Xi said, adding that the G20 should speed up action and support the WHO in mobilizing and consolidating resources and distributing vaccines fairly and efficiently. Xi stressed efforts to ensure the smooth functioning of the global economy. “We need to reduce tariffs and barriers, and explore the liberalization of trade of key medical supplies. We need to further harmonize policies and standards and establish ‘fast tracks’ to facilitate the orderly flow of personnel,” Xi said. Xi said the G20 should harness the role of the digital economy. “We could foster an enabling environment for the development of the digital economy, enhance data security cooperation, strengthen the digital infrastructure, and level the playing field for… Read full this story
- Automated Calls For Educational Institutions
- Call Centre Software - Features That Call Centres Can't Do Without
- Prepaid International Calling Cards - Keys For Finding the Right Companies on the Internet
- A Response to the Barron's Plan - A Good First Step But Not Enough
- Take Personal Responsibility For Fire Proofing Yourself
- C-Level Selling - The Proactive Recessionary Birds Will Catch the Economic Recovery Worms
- What the News is Telling Us About Our Economic Recovery?
- Energy Sustainability - The Key to Economic Recovery?
- The Need For Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Covered Call Subscription Services - 4 Tips For Choosing the Right Service
Xi Focus: Xi calls for G20 efforts on epidemic response, economic recovery have 302 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.