People look for work at a job fair in HCM City. — VNS Photo Nguyễn Diệp HCM CITY - Enterprises in a number of sectors in HCM City need to recruit a large number of employees but are finding it difficult to fill positions despite numerous job losses amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Phan Minh Thông, director of Phúc Sinh Company, said his company was looking for quality assurance staff, salespeople and accountants. “We are willing to retrain new employees and also help the disadvantaged to find suitable jobs, but we still cannot recruit enough employees.” Many unemployed people are becoming choosier, comparing their previous salaries to new ones. Lê Thị Huệ, 22, who lost her job at Huê Phong Footwear Company in May due to a lack of orders, is still looking for a job. Many companies need garment workers, but Huệ wants to work at a leather and footwear company. “Some companies offer a low salary but a heavy workload,” she said. Lê Thị Kiều Phượng, director of the Job Service Centre under the city’s Department of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, said that connecting unemployed workers with employers has been difficult. Many people who have lost jobs have social welfare support and other unemployment allowances, and are waiting until COVID-19 is under control. Many unemployed want to relax for a few months instead of finding a new job. Labour demand The labour market… Read full this story
- Staffing the last mile challenging as orders keep rising
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 6
- Furlough rules explained - 15 things you need to know as 9million people join scheme
- British Airways scraps £300m payout to shareholders to protect its 'liquidity' against coronavirus after furloughing 36,000 staff - amid claims Spanish owners have 'sucked life out of airline'
- Life of luxury: Dubai's huge service sector faces unsure future
- Coronavirus live updates: 3.2 million more unemployed
- Coronavirus live updates: California’s projected budget deficit spikes to $54 billion
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 5-6
- What Travis Kalanick Leaves Behind at Uber
- Is Covid hurting your job? Find out how to manage your career and protect your finances
Recruitment demand rises, but employers can't find enough workers have 350 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.