On my first post-lockdown visit to my 78-year-old mother who lives alone in Salisbury, I found her visibly upset. It soon emerged that she had asked a plumbing company called Rightio to replace a ballcock in her toilet and it later charged her £329. It also appeared to have signed her up to some kind of care plan costing £9.50 a month. Rightio is a national firm that appears to subcontract local plumbers. She says that prior to the plumber arriving, Rightio took her debit card details, including her CVC number. She says when the plumber arrived at about 4pm, he didn’t offer a quote, nor did he explain what he had to do. At 4.45pm he had to “pop out for a bit” and returned at 5.30pm to finish the job. When he left at about 6pm he didn’t leave an invoice. Two days later, mum’s bank statement showed the charge. She phoned Rightio and staff said it was for three hours’ work, plus parts, the amount was correct and that “there was nothing else she could do”. I’ve emailed the company three times but received no reply. My mum has little money and feels that she’s been taken… Read full this story
- The 38 most bizarre quotes from Donald Trump's new 'interview' with Sean Hannity
- Thirteen leading Hong Kong activists charged for holding an unauthorised rally to mark the Tiananmen Square crackdown appear in court
- Mueller investigators said Roger Stone orchestrated hundreds of fake Facebook accounts in political influence scheme
- LA Man Accused Of Fraudulently Obtaining $9M In PPP Loans, Spending Hundreds Of Thousands Gambling In Vegas
- Hundreds of police hunt Afghan war veteran and his pet PUMA after 'he pulled knife on zoo keepers' and fled to the forest to avoid handing over the big cat in Poland
- Daniel Andrews reveals the reason why hundreds of people are refusing to take coronavirus tests in Melbourne - as he offers them $1,500 'no questions asked' to get checked
- Man Invades Trudeau Residence with Restricted Rifle, Charged with Threatening to Kill Canada's PM
- South Carolina Prosecutor Drops Charges Against Officer Who Fatally Shot Black Teen
- Vikas Gupta Says Parth Samthaan Doesn't Want To Clear His Name On Molestation Charges!
- PG&E expects criminal charges for deadly San Bruno blast
A plumber charged hundreds without a quote or invoice have 381 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.