A young man was taken to hospital and another referred to Youth Aid following a serious assault at a Hamilton school. Police confirmed they were looking into the incident which occurred at the Waimarie St entrance to Fraser High School, at 2pm on Friday. There was a dispute between two parties, one of whom was injured and taken to hospital with what were understood to be moderate injuries, a spokesperson said. In a message to parents and caregivers seen by Stuff, principal Virginia Crawford said two staff members acted “quickly” and “calmly” to deescalate the situation. READ MORE:Coronavirus: Hamilton’s Fraser High School not doing face-to-face teaching in Covid-19 level 2Two teenagers referred to youth aid after Hamilton schoolyard attackVideo of Hamilton school yard attack sparks police inquiry The memo confirmed a senior male student and another male were involved in the serious assault, and police and ambulance were called. One young person was referred to Youth Aid in relation to the incident. Youth Aid Officers work with schools to prevent reoffending and revictimisation of children and young people, under the provisions of the Children, Young Persons, and their Families Act 1989. The incident comes a week after a Hastings school… Read full this story
- 2 Students Of South River High School Elected As State Officers
- High school graduations to test virus rules in Alabama
- Proud mom Kim Zolciak praises 'straight A student' daughter Ariana Biermann as she graduates high school: 'I can't stop crying'
- A high school's band directors went to each of their graduating seniors' homes to play their fight song one last time
- Hamilton High School Announces Students Of The Month
- Almost half of Adelaide public high school students live outside their zone
- 20 years after that day at Columbine High School, I'm still asking: 'Am I safe?'
- Family crash moments after leaving son's high school graduation, killing parents, 53 and 52, and leaving graduate, 18, and his brother, 26, in need of 'urgent surgery'
- South Korean high school seniors return to school
- Bellaire High School grads persevere amid chaotic semester
Student seriously assaulted at Fraser High School, Hamilton have 339 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.