During an interview with the “Fox News Rundown” podcast released on Wednesday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) criticized the HEROES Act, the $3 trillion coronavirus legislation passed by House Democrats back in May, by stating that he doesn’t “support that amount that they’re putting towards different areas,” and arguing that while there are needs, “you can’t cure all of the social needs within a pandemic bill or a health crisis bill.”Manchin said, “I think, if you look at the Democrats right now, from the House side, they’ve said, we’ve passed a bill. So, we’ve done our job. And it’s a very large, $3 trillion bill. I personally don’t support that amount that they’re putting towards different areas, I’m not saying that we don’t have a need, but you can’t cure all of the social needs within a pandemic bill or a health crisis bill. First of all, you should take care of the health crisis.” Manchin also criticized Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for ignoring the requests of members of the Senate and failing to put together a bipartisan working group during the months that have gone by since the last coronavirus relief bill was passed. Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Senator Joe Manchin Will Try to Fit Voting for Legislation Into His Busy Schedule From Now On
- Florida Bill Addresses Schools’ Use Of Baker Act
- Chinese doctor, 34, who was reprimanded for 'spreading fake news' after warning on social media of 'SARS at a Wuhan market' is infected by coronavirus while treating patients in hospital
- 'I see no path to the 67 votes required to impeach': Democratic Senator Joe Manchin proposes to CENSURE Donald Trump, offering political cover to himself and moderate lawmakers on impeachment issue
- Israeli Rabbi, Eliezer Berland Releases Universal Prayer to Stop Global Coronavirus Pandemic
- 'Don't believe social media messages about cure for coronavirus'
- China's censors tried to control the narrative on a hero doctor's death. It backfired terribly.
- Trump, Manchin trading barbs as impeachment feud boils over
- The First Step Act Deserves Your Skepticism
- View: Pandemics are breeding grounds for trade wars
Manchin on HEROES Act: ‘Can’t Cure All of the Social Needs’ in a Pandemic Bill have 357 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.