Coronavirus: Tim Martin says it’s ‘over the top’ to close pubs Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time. Revellers in England were glad to hear that this weekend – dubbed Super Saturday – pubs, cafes, and restaurants will open their doors for sit-in services for the first time since the nationwide lockdown three months ago. Many have admitted the hardest part of their lockdown experience was not being able to go to the pub on the weekend. Millions of Britons up and down England will now be able to visit their favourite brewhouse and enjoy a cold pint . Trending Tim Martin , boss and founder of the Wetherspoons chain pub, announced he would be opening 750 of his pubs in England – while venues in other parts of the UK will remain closed. Mr Martin said: "We are extremely pleased that… Read full this story
- Wetherspoon boss Tim Martin hints at retirement and attacks 'misguided' Oxbridge remainers
- 'It's my new deal or no deal': Boris Johnson reveals he has just TEN DAYS to finalise Brexit plans as details of his 'two borders for four years' Irish solution emerge ahead of dramatic conference speech TODAY
- Shareholders back Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin at AGM
- BBC Question Time: Wetherspoon boss says Boris Johnson isn't 'out and out racist'
- Tim Martin hails 'victory for common sense against the box tickers' after Wetherspoons vote
- Millionaire Wetherspoon boss calls for higher taxes on supermarket beer and food
- Brexit: Boris Johnson loses showdown vote meaning he must ask for delay by law
- Guy Verhofstadt labels Boris Johnson a 'TRAITOR' for 'pushing Britain out of the EU' as furious war of words erupts between the UK and Brussels over Brexit stalemate
- 'Heartbroken' Jennifer Arcuri blasts Boris Johnson for treating her like a 'fleeting one-night stand' before casting her aside 'like a gremlin' as she warns she has kept the PM's 'secrets'
- 'Submarine' Boris Johnson slammed for chickening out of Channel 4 debate
Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin’s warning to Boris Johnson revealed as pubs reopen have 371 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.