Photo: LARA SOLANKI/NETFLIX Photo: LARA SOLANKI/NETFLIX Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: LARA SOLANKI/NETFLIX Why ‘Never Have I Ever’s’ Darren Barnet Was Nothing Like Paxton Hall-Yoshida in High School 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not yet watched “Never Have I Ever,” on Netflix. In Netflix’s “Never Have I Ever,” Darren Barnet stars as Paxton Hall-Yoshida, the popular swimmer who Devi Vishwakumar (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan) propositions in an effort to boost her reputation in high school. The teen heartthrob character was originally named “Paxton Hall” until creators Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher learned of Barnet’s own Japanese heritage and decided to incorporate his mixed background into the role, hence “Yoshida.” More from Variety ‘Never Have I Ever’ Star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan on Her Newfound Fame, Season 2 Dreams for Devi How ‘Never Have I Ever’s’ Star Beat Out 15,000 Actors for the Lead Netflix’s ‘Never Have I Ever’ From Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher: TV Review The 29-year-old tells Variety why he was initially nervous about incorporating his multiethnic background, how his high school experience had little in common with Paxton’s and… Read full this story
- Class of 2022 forward Darren Buchanan breaks down his final five schools
- Gary S. Paxton, Whose Mixed Bag of a Life Was Filled With Music, Dies at 77
- Lives Remembered: Bill Paxton (1955 - 2017) Actor
- Gonzaga's Chet Holmgren is unlike any college basketball player we've ever known: 'I don't see dudes do that'
- 'Public won't like a meddling monarch!' Charles told to keep out of politics during reign
- Cardinals appear to have fixed things with Kyler Murray, plus ranking each Pro Football Hall of Fame QB
- Late Lakers great Kobe Bryant remembered on eve of Hall of Fame induction
- Boulder native Tony Boselli selected to Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022
- Murder, Rape & Suicide: How An Obama Era ‘Diversity’ Directive Ushered Injustice Into Our Public Schools | The Daily Wire
- Rockies Mailbag: Would owner Dick Monfort ever sell the team?
Why ‘Never Have I Ever’s’ Darren Barnet Was Nothing Like Paxton Hall-Yoshida in High School have 335 words, post on www.chron.com at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.