KUNMING — Four died, at least 23 others were injured and one person was trapped in debris, after a 5-magnitude earthquake struck Qiaojia county in Southwest China’s Yunnan province late Monday, local authorities said Tuesday. Rescue forces from the local public security, fire fighting, emergency response sectors have rushed to the quake zone. The quake struck at 9:47 pm Monday. The epicenter, with a depth of eight km, was monitored at 27.18 degrees north latitude and 103.16 degrees east longitude, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center. In addition to Qiaojia, the earthquake was felt strongly in Huize county of Qujing city, as well as the cities of Zhaotong and Xuanwei and Chuxiong Yi autonomous prefecture. The county government of Qiaojia has sent rescuers to 16 townships for the rescue and disaster relief. The county meteorological observatory forecast that there will be mainly sunny and cloudy weather in the next three days. Only the area of Xiaohe township will see some showers.
- Earthquake In Indonesia: Five Dead, Several Injured After Powerful Quake Rocks Java Island
- 4 dead, 16 injured in China sewage tank collapse
- Nine Killed, 23 Injured in MP's Rewa After Speeding Bus Rams into Stationary Truck
- Death toll rises to 12 in SW China tunnel collapse
- Japan earthquake: Several dead, dozens missing as powerful quake hits Hokkaido
- Conservation of Asian elephants in SW China's Yunnan
- 2019 Wingsuit Flying World Championship Trials to take place in SW China
- Ikoyi Prison power surge five dead, seven injured, Aregbesola confirms
- Tangshan shrugs as magnitude 4.5 quake hits city
- Blast at food factory kills four, injures 10
4 dead, 23 injured in SW China quake have 246 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.