Email By Paul Johnson Updated April 07, 2020 01:38:14 Photo: People being evacuated from the Ruby Princess, which has produced over 600 of Australia’s cases. (News Video) Related Story: About 200 people on the Ruby Princess have coronavirus symptoms — here’s what will happen to them Related Story: Young people are getting COVID-19 in drastically different ways and doctors want to know why Related Story: Adopt a healthcare worker providing a helping hand to those on the coronavirus frontline Map: Australia Frontline health workers were the focus on Q+A as Australia continues to fight the coronavirus pandemic, a fight that has not been aided by the number of cases coming from the Ruby Princess cruise ship. Key points:Shadow Health Minister Chris Bowen called the Ruby Princess case “criminal negligence”Frontline health workers in Australia are concerned about a shortage in protective equipment, especially masksGovernment modelling on coronavirus in Australia could be released as soon as this week The handling of that issue left Shadow Health Minister Chris Bowen to unload on all concerned but not before health professionals had their say and a former vice-president of the Australian Medical Association to reveal that he knows medical department heads are going to… Read full this story
- 'Bunnings Karen' refuses to wear a mask inside a Melbourne store and then berates workers for telling her it's company policy - only to be arrested in the car park moments later
- Trump says federal government will intervene to rescue people from coronavirus-stricken cruise ship Holland America Zandaam after Florida's Gov. de Santis said he would ONLY rescue the 49 Floridians on board
- Lockdown helped us scale up health infra, says Harsh Vardhan
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 164
- 'Bunnings Karen' vows to SUE cops over her arrest after confronting staff at a hardware store - as her out-there theories on social media are exposed
- 'We're coming for you': Mayor Lightfoot's warning to looters who ransacked Chicago in night of 'straight-up criminality' that saw 100 arrests and 13 cops injured
- Boris says UK is NOT racist country but says government must do more to tackle discrimination as Number 10 calls tearing down of slave trader Edward Colston’s statue a ‘criminal act’
- Mask-dodging woman in Victoria allegedly smashed female cop's head into concrete
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the Air Line Pilots Association - Biden VP possible next week; Meadows says relief talks 'miles apart'
- Special Report: COVID opens new doors for China's gene giant
Handling of Ruby Princess COVID-19 incident is 'criminal negligence' says Chris Bowen on Q+A, medical department heads buying from Bunnings have 424 words, post on www.abc.net.au at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.