For the most up-to-date news and information about the coronavirus pandemic, visit the WHO website. The coronavirus pandemic has upended life across the globe. Health care systems are scrambling to control the virus, and governments are instituting strict social distancing measures to flatten the curve. The situation is constantly evolving as COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, rapidly spreads. CNET has been tracking the outbreak since it was first traced to a novel coronavirus in early January. Below are the latest developments in the coronavirus outbreak each day. CNET Coronavirus Update Keep track of the coronavirus pandemic. April 15Confirmed coronavirus cases pass 2 million worldwideMore than 2 million coronavirus cases have been confirmed globally, along with more than 120,000 deaths. That milestone comes less than two weeks after cases hit 1 million.At more than 610,000, the US is the country with the most confirmed cases and deaths — over 26,000. More than 3.1 million people in the nation have been tested for the virus, and nearly 39,000 have recovered from the disease.Trump says US has reached the peak on new casesPresident Donald Trump said Wednesday during the White House’s daily coronavirus briefing that “the data suggests that nationwide we have passed the peak… Read full this story
- De Blasio says New York City on pace to hit 1 million vaccinations by end of January
- Love Island's Georgia Steel and Francesca Allen ignore social distancing rules as bikini-clad pair embrace on a yacht during wild party in Dubai
- Woman, 95, Threatened With Eviction For Socially Distanced Chats With Granddaughter
- Donald Trump says Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett is a pure constitutionalist as he predicts a swift confirmation claiming 'it's hard to dispute anything about her'
- Dancing On Ice 2021 studio FIRST LOOK: Judges protected by perspex screens, stars to sit at socially distanced tables and NO audience amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Now scientists call for 'lax' third lockdown to be made even TOUGHER: SAGE expert says new coronavirus variant cannot be contained by current restrictions as terrifying Chris Whitty adverts try to scare of Brits into staying at home
- Anti-vaxxers threaten to break strict social distancing rules by storming HOSPITALS as campaigner Meryl Dorey makes outrageous and dangerous claims that the coronavirus pandemic is 'fake'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump's new phone call controversy, Georgia runoffs headline big week
- Pelosi warns lawmakers to social distance after many flout guidelines
- EXCLUSIVE 'People were taking the p**s!' Love Island Australia couple Josh Moss and Amelia Plummer blast Bondi beachgoers for 'mocking' social-distancing amid their own lockdown
Coronavirus updates: Trump says new social distancing guidelines coming, cases hit 2M worldwide have 413 words, post on www.cnet.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.