While “Time to Hunt,” top, will premiere on Netflix without a theater release, low-budget local film “Justice High,”. [NETFLIX]The unprecedented coronavirus pandemic is leading to many firsts in the ways that local films get distributed. Last week, Netflix announced that director Yoon Sung-hyun’s “Time to Hunt” is heading straight to the streaming service without a theater premiere. The film was one of the most anticipated blockbusters of the season, featuring stars Lee Je-hoon, Choi Woo-shik, Ahn Jae-hong and Park Jung-min. However, as the outbreak continued to get worse, many upcoming local films decided to delay their releases indefinitely. With this weekend’s box-office sales falling lower than ever before, the decision by film distribution company Little Big Pictures to move “Time to Hunt” to the streaming platform is understandable. Which debuted on Olleh TV on March 5, is heading to CGV next month. [GNOS] However, Contents Panda, which was in charge of the film’s overseas distribution, hinted that the decision would lead to a legal battle. The company argues that Little Big Pictures signed the contract with Netflix without properly notifying them. “Without proper discussion, Little Big Pictures demanded to terminate our contract early this month so that the film could… Read full this story
- "Ip Man 4: The Finale" becomes third highest grossing Chinese film at North American box office in five years
- Deadpool Shatters Box Office Records with $135 Million
- ‘1917’ Storms Global Turnstiles With $56M+; ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ Nears $1B WW – International Box Office
- Bad Boys 3 and Dolittle Go After 1917 at This Weekend's Box Office
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $739M Global – International Box Office
- Can King Arthur and Amy Schumer Conquer Guardians 2 at the Box Office?
- Birds of Prey Is Flying in Hot with Expected $50M+ Box Office Opening
- Chhapaak Third Day Box Office Collection: This Is How Deepika Padukone's Film Fared On Day 3
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Has Biggest Box Office Debut of All-Time
- Can Transporter End Straight Outta Compton Box Office Reign?
Struggling film industry shakes up distribution: As box office falters, movies seek new ways to reach audiences have 339 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.