Late night host Jimmy Kimmel pointed out the high number of factually incorrect statements made by the president, superimposing a lie detector over a replay of part of Trump’s speech. Actor and comedian Sarah Silverman tweeted during Mr Trump’s address to Congress that the 73-year-old is a “fearmongering pig”. RELATED: Nancy Pelosi slammed for “classless act” RELATED: Trump awards controversial radio host country’s highest honour Meanwhile a fuming Bette Midler, a frequent critic of Mr Trump, tweeted that she wished the president would “STFU” [shut the f*** up]. “Isn’t it funny how STFU looks similar to SOTU?” she said. “Don’t you wish that #Jackass would STFU during SOTU?” Actor John Cusack also took aim at Mr Trump, tweeting to his 1.6 million followers: “Trump is literally lauding himself for kicking 7 million people off of food stamps and millions more off of welfare. He’s proud that struggling families are struggling more. The GOP applauded him. SMH [shaking my head].” fearmongering pig— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) February 5, 2020 Isn’t it funny how STFU looks similar to SOTU? Don’t you wish that #Jackass would STFU during SOTU?— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) February 5, 2020 The horror is the point @lsarsour: Trump is literally… Read full this story
- 7 things to look out for in the first election of Donald Trump’s presidency
- Donald Trump brands CNN reporter ‘rude, terrible person’ as they clash at fiery press conference
- 'Donald Trump's plan to rip up the anti-ballistic missile treaty with the Soviet Union may not be as disastrous as we think'
- Donald Trump blasted for calling wildfire-hit town Paradise 'Pleasure'
- Iranians chant ‘Death to America’ and threaten to hit back against Donald Trump after US unleashes its ‘toughest ever’ sanctions
- Donald Trump gets Eugenie's wedding date wrong in latest Twitter gaffe
- Donald Trump warns Brexit may mean Britain won't be allowed to trade with the US
- Donald Trump attacked for skipping Armistice commemoration 'because it was raining'
- Donald Trump brands Emmanuel Macron's call for EU army 'insulting'
- Donald Trump says military could fire on migrants and announces plans for mass detention on US border
State of the Union: Donald Trump labelled a ‘fearmongering pig’ have 341 words, post on www.news.com.au at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.