In a recent study, researchers have come up with a potential health strategy to combat fatty liver disease. They have found that a combination of green tea extract and exercise reduced the severity of the obesity-related disease by 75 per cent in mice fed a high-fat diet.The outcome is important, explained Joshua Lambert, associate professor of food science, because non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is a significant global health problem that is expected to worsen. Because of the high prevalence of risk factors such as obesity and type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease is forecast to afflict more than 100 million people by 2030. And there are currently no validated therapies for the disease. The study was published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry.In the study, mice fed a high-fat diet for 16 weeks that consumed green tea extract and exercised regularly by running on a wheel were found to have just a quarter of the lipid deposits in their livers compared to those seen in the livers of a control group of mice. Mice that were treated with green tea extract alone or exercise alone had roughly half as much fat in their livers as the… Read full this story
- As green tea supplements are thrown into question – 5 ways the herbal drink can actually benefit you
- Odious Sir Philip Green ‘would see young women reduced to tears’ in rants at store buyers — before his shocking fall from grace
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Three drinks to help you reduce the dangerous belly fat
- Tea in India is as Varied as the Country's Culture
- Exercise in autumn and winter is essential – here’s why
- If You Use Tea Bags, You’ll Be in Hot Water With This Connoisseur
- Vietnam tea exports ranked fifth worldwide
- Stress Can Make You Sick. Take Steps to Reduce It.
- Stockholm voted EU’s first Green Capital
- Kady McDermott and Courtney Green have a screaming row in explosive Towie teaser video
Green tea extract combined with exercise may reduce fatty liver. Here’s how have 323 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.