Moving house can be a hugely stressful affair. It would seem you have a million things to do, from finding a reliable (and preferably reasonably priced) mover to trying to stay sane while packing your lifetime’s worth of possessions into boxes. To help ease your transition, we put together a guide of “what to dos” before, during and after your move so you can always stay on top of things. BEFORE MOVING 1. DO YOUR MEASUREMENTS Measure out any your existing furniture that you are planning to move with, then look at the dimensions of your new home. Can they fit in with the space? If not, you might have to sell or give them away. Check to see if your furniture pieces can fit into the lifts. If they don’t, your movers might have to take the stairs and depending on the floor you are staying on, that can add significantly to your moving expenses. 2. DECLUTTER Take stock of what you have. Before you start packing away your things, it’s best to do a declutter session to throw, sell or donate things that you don’t need or want. Decluttering takes time, so give yourself a couple of weekends… Read full this story
- Why is Dyson moving to Singapore and what has inventor James Dyson said about Brexit?
- Will Kim Jong-un visit America, has Donald Trump invited him to the White House and when will the meeting happen?
- Prime Minister’s Singapore visit a comprehensive success
- North Korea Returns Remains Of Americans, White House Says
- Here's The White House Questionnaire For GOP Candidates Who Want Trump's Backing
- ASEAN Post-Ministerial Conferences with Partners held in Singapore
- Trump dangles White House visit for North Korea's Kim if summit goes well
- North Korea Provokes US, Tests 'Powerful Warhead' Tactical Guided Weapon
- Singapore's Restructuring Focus Singapore - The New Hub of Asia Pacific Restructuring
- In Conversation with Umakanth Varottil Faculty of Law at the National University Singapore (NUS)
A stress-free guide to moving house in Singapore have 320 words, post on www.asiaone.com at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.