Esme Handley, three, of West Norwood, south London A three-year-old girl who won housands of online followers as she battled leukaemia died on New Year’s Day, her parents have announced. Esme Handley was diagnosed when she was just 22 months old after developing a large bruise on a family holiday to Greece. Her parents Rebecca and Will broke the heart-breaking news on Facebook page Esme Lionheart – so named because of her love of lions. They said: ‘If you look to the sky tonight you will see a star shining brighter than any other. ‘Our darling girl went onwards with her journey at midday today. She was peaceful and in our arms and knew how ridiculously adored she was. ‘Esme Grace Angela Handley 13.08.2016 – 01.01.2020.’ Rebecca, 38, and Will, 43, faced a battle to try and save their only daughter following her diagnosis. They discovered she had the high risk acute myeloid leukaemia during a family trip to Greece. After Esme fell over a bruise did not go away, and after Googling her symptoms, both parents became concerned. Her parents Rebecca (pictured) and Will broke the heart-breaking news on Facebook page Esme Lionheart – so named because of her love… Read full this story
- The 10 cancer warning signs you must NEVER ignore – even in coronavirus lockdown
- Your Binge Watch, Solved: 54 Stars and Showrunners Reveal Their Favorite Episodes of Their Own Shows
- Matt Hancock ridiculed for say carers will get a 'badge of honour' for their coronavirus-fighting efforts - and the one he 'announced' was first unveiled almost a YEAR ago
- Cancer care halted, Donor lungs on hold and kidney dialysis cutbacks: Patients left in limbo by coronavirus pandemic
- 'Broken hearted for the state of the world': Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and the Beckhams lead celebrity tributes to victims of Manchester Arena terror attack at Ariana Grande gig
- Corona Chronicles: Fox News’ Brett Baier Adjusts to Working from Home, ‘This Is Us’ Actress Battles Anxiety and Other Personal Stories
- Nick Cordero's wife Amanda Kloots reveals he's now tested negative for COVID-19 but needs a pacemaker fitted to stop his heart rate dropping
- The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Lizzo and Lady Gaga join WHO chief and First Ladies Michelle Obama and Laura Bush for star-studded One World: Together At Home coronavirus concert
- Justin Trudeau: The North Star
- Ant McPartlin's '£31million divorce from Lisa Armstrong is FINALISED after two-year battle... leaving him free to marry girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett'
'Tonight you'll see a star shining brighter than any other': Parents' heartbreak as girl, three, who won hearts of thousands as she battled blood cancer loses fight for life have 391 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.