We’re a few short days away from the dawn of the 2020s. So, instead of counting down the Top 25 stories of the year, we’re taking a look at the top 25 baseball stories of the past decade. Some of them took place on the field, some of them off the field and some of them were more akin to tabloid drama. No matter where the story broke, however, these were the stories baseball fans were talking about most over the past ten years. Next up: number 9: Bullpen Mania Takes Over The Game There have always been relief pitchers, but for the great bulk of baseball history, they were largely for mopup situations and to rest starters after the outcome of the game was pretty clear. If you doubt this, take a look back at any random season for a club prior to the 1970s and grok the “games” vs. “games started” totals for the pitching staff. The complete game totals were wild too. Most teams likely had only one or two guys who were used exclusively as relievers with everyone else being either starters or swingmen of one form or another. The bullpen was a far less important… Read full this story
- From Take That to Harry Potter, four women reveal what it’s like to be a fangirl
- Never bet against Nintendo: Why the gaming giant's future remains bright
- The best games of 2019 (so far)
- Game Of Thrones’ Aidan Gillen claims NO-ONE will win the Iron Throne as he refuses to rule out Littlefinger return theory
- Arya Stark most murderous Game Of Thrones character, research shows
- Measuring importance of Game 1 for Yankees in battle vs. Astros
- When two US forces teams pitched up to play baseball at... the Baseball Ground!
- Baseball preview: Bristol Central looking to get back on track
- Baseball preview: Experienced hands help boost BE
- Baseball: Huge opening victory for Central, 22-3
Top 25 Baseball Stories of the Decade — No. 9: Bullpen mania takes over the game have 309 words, post on mlb.nbcsports.com at December 27, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.