The San Francisco 49ers’ defense held Aaron Rodgers to just 104 yards passing while sacking him five times en route to a 37-8 rout of the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night in Santa Clara, Calif. Nov 24, 2019; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) fumbles the football against San Francisco 49ers middle linebacker Fred Warner (54) during the first quarter at Levi’s Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Stan Szeto-USA TODAY Sports The 49ers solidified their spot atop the NFC pecking order with a 10-1 record, while sending the Packers back to Green Bay at 8-3. Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 253 yards and two touchdowns on just 20 attempts, completing 14. His 145.8 passer rating was about double that of his counterpart, Rodgers, who had too little time and too few open receivers. Rodgers finished 20 of 33 with a touchdown, posting the lowest yards-per-attempt (3.15) in any start in his career and his second-lowest yardage total in a start in which he wasn’t injured. He was pulled for the final five minutes of the game. San Francisco didn’t allow a single third-down conversion until the final seconds of the game, as the Packers opened 0-for-15. Patriots… Read full this story
- NFL roundup: Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins lead Texans past Chiefs
- 49ers seek quick turnaround, with parade of strong opponents looming
- Ravens harass Watson, beat Texans 41-7 for 6th straight win
- NFL Week 11 QB Power Rankings: Is Jimmy Garoppolo a liability for a 49ers team that is Super Bowl caliber?
- 49ers vs Seahawks, with Sherman on other side of rivalry
- Yellow flags, red flags, black eyes for NFL’s 100th season
- 2019 NFL MVP Watch: Lamar Jackson on the verge of usurping Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers makes his entrance
- 2019 NFL MVP Race: Lamar Jackson unable to dent Russell Wilson's lead, Patrick Mahomes makes his return
- NFL MVP Race, Week 11: Lamar Jackson unable to dent Russell Wilson's lead, Patrick Mahomes makes his return
- Lions at Packers: Channel, time, odds, prediction for 'Monday Night Football'
NFL roundup: 49ers rout Pack, harass Rodgers all night have 322 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 25, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.