Leftist Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau broke with his tradition of dressing up for Halloween this year, the first Halloween since international media published photos of him in various states of “brownface” and blackface. Trudeau has worn blackface to perform Harry Belafonte’s “The Banana Boat Song Day-O” in high school, for an “Arabian Nights”-themed party as a teacher in 2001, and at least one other time in an undated video. Confronted by journalists, Trudeau said in September that he could not list all the times he had worn blackface because he had done it so often that he did not remember them all.His Liberal Party nonetheless won a narrow victory in Canada’s October elections, losing 20 seats but keeping enough for Trudeau to remain prime minister. Trudeau’s office confirmed to Canadian media outlets on Thursday that he would “be trick or treating with the kids, but not going to Rideau Hall [the official residence of the Canadian monarch and the Governor General of Canada] or doing a photo op.” Canadian broadcaster Global News noted that Trudeau had previously celebrated Halloween in disguises as “as Han Solo, Clark Kent, Sherlock Holmes and the pilot from The Little Prince.” No Halloween costume for Trudeau… Read full this story
- Trump Asks Trudeau: ‘Didn’t You Guys Burn Down the White House?’
- 'Where it all began!' Justin Bieber shares sweet throwback snap of himself with wife Hailey ahead of their second wedding... as Kylie Jenner gushes over couple
- Strictly Come Dancing launch 2019: Catherine Tyldesley, Anneka Rice, Emma Barton and Saffron Barker don flashy cocktail dresses to lead the stars at this year's glittering 17th series inauguration
- The Last Dance: Is the Michael Jordan documentary a dressed-up puff piece?
- Duterte: Drug War Critics ‘Weaponize Human Rights’ for ‘Self-Serving Crusades’
- He could have made an effort! Theresa May's husband Philip lacks glamour of other First Spouses - not least thanks to his CRUMPLED baggy suit
- With the U.S. looking to reopen, Canada seeks to prolong border closure
- Supermarkets back novelty Christmas jumpers as onesie popularity fades
- William Shatner Criticizes Police Who Drew Guns on Cosplayer: "This Cannot Be Covered Up"
- James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke: what makes this late-night viral hit so good?
Blackface Enthusiast Justin Trudeau Didn’t Dress up for Halloween have 367 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.