SAN ANTONIO – Two days before President Donald Trump rallies in Texas, his eldest son on Tuesday looked to help him hang onto the reliably Republican state, playing to the conservative base by delivering red meat cultural attacks and lacing into several of his father’s possible Democratic foes. Donald Trump Jr., the swaggering embodiment of the Make America Great Again agenda, was the main event at a campaign event in San Antonio ahead of the president’s rally in Dallas on Thursday. Trump Jr. did not shy away from taking on the primary threat to his father’s presidency: the impeachment inquiry prompted by the elder Trump’s push for Ukraine to investigate Democratic Joe Biden and his son Hunter. “About the only job (Hunter Biden) could get would be a no-show job at a corrupt Ukrainian oil company because no one would else would hire this clown,” said Trump Jr., showing no self-awareness that he, too, has at least in part been successful because of a famous father. Channeling his father, Trump Jr. complained bitterly about what he deemed was unfair media coverage, declaring: “For 50 years, conservatives have turned the other cheek. I’m done turning the other cheek, guys!” The one-two… Read full this story
- 'It seems sort of aggressive': Donald Trump, Jr argues against Joe Exotic's 22-year jail term and says he would welcome his early release after binge watching Tiger King
- Donald Trump Jr: The media will never give my father the benefit of the doubt
- Donald Trump Jr. slams Tiger King Joe Exotic’s ‘aggressive’ sentence and jokes about presidential PARDON
- Youngstown Loves A Fighter, But Eventually Trump’s Spiritual Base Will Want Results
- Ivanka and Don Jr. Are Pulling Trump in Opposite Directions on Guns
- Politicians Hit the Polls! Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Cast Their Votes in New York
- Trump’s "Low-Profile" "Ultimate Loyalist" Now Has More Power Ahead Of 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: A changed name, an alleged fraudster dad and a VERY questionable resume: So how did Donald Trump's favorite White House correspondent pass security checks to become the social-distancing-defying briefing-crasher?
- Texas AG: Fear of COVID-19 not a qualifying reason to receive absentee ballot
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Rep. Debbie Dingell's diamond analogy; Cuomo says Trump isn't a king
Trump Jr. pitches to base while his father fights for Texas have 368 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.