A mother-of-two who was told her children will ‘grow up hating her’ for being ‘too strict’ by other parents claims her rigid routine makes them ‘respectful’. Danielle Hannah Alexander, 32, from Monmouth, South Wales, is mum to five-year-old son Jody and daughter Jade, three. She and husband-of-two-and-a-half-years Jamie, 30, a self-employed builder, both work full-time and claim ‘rules are a must’ for a harmonious household. These include banning fizzy drinks, not allowing play dates on school nights and letting them go hungry if they refuse to eat their dinner. Danielle Hannah Alexander, 32, from Monmouth, South Wales, is mum to five-year-old son Jody and daughter Jade, three (pictured) A recent international parenting study conducted by My Nametags found UK parents are the strictest in Europe – with respect deemed the most important trait for children to have. Danielle, a health and social care lecturer in a further education college, said she believes her firm parenting style has made her children respectful. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 2 Next Health experts warn parents are putting lives at risk by… Jeremy Vine sparks a grammar debate over correct usage of… The Queen doesn’t watch The Crown because it’s ‘too… Share this article Share But while she is… Read full this story
- Polyamorous mother, 29, who opened her relationship to a female colleague insists they're all parents to each others' five children - and wants her boyfriend to have a baby with their new partner
- Boris Johnson says he 'fully intends' all children will return to schools in September amid fury from parents that zoos and shops are reopening first - with government mulling drafting in an army of retired teachers to help pupils
- Britain gets its summer back: PM halves 2m rule, opens pubs and lets households mix inside from July 4 - but warns he could 'put the handbrake on at any time' with 95% of UK still in danger of catching coronavirus
- Meghan Markle's close friends open up to CBS News' Gayle King in "Meghan and Harry Plus One"
- Furious tourists who could lose thousands of pounds in income thanks to sudden quarantine slam decision to include Spanish islands 'where infections haven't even risen' - as Boris Johnson warns curbs on European hotspots may WIDEN
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
- 'This isn't just another disease for me. Friends have died. I got off lightly': Matt Hancock reveals his own struggles with coronavirus as critics lash the Health Secretary for 'over-promising and under-delivering'
- Why can't we just let teenage girls enjoy their sexuality?
- Amber Heard admits taking MDMA and magic mushrooms at Coachella music festival but denies being hooked on 'cocaine and liquor' - despite nurse's note detailing her addiction
- Jihadi bride Shamima Begum's return to Britain is put on HOLD after Government wins right to fight case at the Supreme Court
Mother who lets her children go hungry if they don't eat dinner, bans fizzy drinks and limits playdates insists rules teach them respect - despite friends warning that they'll grow up 'hating her' have 484 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.